Dear Fannie Lou Hamer Freedom High School Community:
Just like the city as a whole, there have been multiple confirmed cases of COVID-19 in our school community. Thank you to everyone who has kept us aware of their family’s status.
What Happens When Someone Tests Positive in our School Community?
- The school determines who was in close contact with the individual who tested positive. Those contacts are notified in person (if they are in school) or by phone (if they are not in school). Please check in with your student at the end of each day to see if they were considered a close contact and given a kit.
- Those students are provided a home testing kit which includes 2 tests. They need to take the first test as soon as possible. The date they should take the second test is marked on the box.
- There are instructions in the box. There is also a YouTube video with instructions at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBt_H4Gc-rU
- Once they take the test, they should take a photo (selfie) of their face next to the test result and email it to Jeff ([email protected]).
- If the test is negative, they can return to school the next day, as long as they are not feeling any symptoms. They should still should take the second test on the date noted.
- If the test is positive, they need to stay home and quarantine for 10 days. They may return to school after that as long as they are not feeling any symptoms.
Thank you for your cooperation in keeping our community as safe as possible.
Jeffrey Palladino, Principal